This weekend, I was blessed with the opportunity to go visit Cole and Luke Smith. Technically, I was babysitting them while their parents, Rob and Lisa, were away...but I don't really see it that way. I enjoy my time with them so much that it's more like I'm just hanging out with them. I've been fortunate enough to have been able to watch these boys grow up, and I've enjoyed every minute. Cole has the biggest heart of any kid I've ever known and an amazing memory that I'm pretty sure surpasses that of my computer. (You gotta be careful what you tell him, or it will come back to bite ya later!) Luke may be ornery at times, but when he experiences a moment of true happiness, his smile could light up the world.
The boys were excited to show me their 3DSes that they'd gotten for Christmas. Of course, I had to bring mine as well so we could all play Pokemon together. :) We also fought with lightsabers, played Rayman Origins on the Wii (really fun game if you haven't tried it; I have it on my PS3 and absolutely love it), and we ended the night by watching Star Wars Episode II. Sure, I could act more mature, but what's the fun in that? Growing old may be mandatory, but growing up? Now, that's totally optional. Life's more fun when you can act like a kid every once in awhile. And hey, we're all children of God, right? So why not act like them?
I often refer to Cole and Luke as "the boys I babysit," but that simply isn't true. They're family. I'd do anything for them. These boys will always hold a special place in my heart. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment